SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) is a scientific area whose goal is to detect intelligent life outside Earth. One approach, known as radio SETI, uses radio telescopes to listen for narrow-bandwidth radio signals from space. Such signals are not known to occur naturally, so a detection would provide evidence of extraterrestrial technology.
Run SETI@home only on authorized computers
Run SETI@home only on computers that you own, or for which you have obtained the owner's permission. Some companies and schools have policies that prohibit using their computers for projects such as SETI@home.
How SETI@home will use your computer
When you run SETI@home on your computer, it will use part of the computer's CPU power, disk space, and network bandwidth. You can control how much of your resources are used by SETI@home, and when it uses them.
The work done by your computer contributes to the goals of SETI@home, as described on its web site. The application programs may change from time to time.
Please follow the steps below to join our team:
1. Download and install the BOINC client. This will allow you to run the SETI@Home project.
2. At the end of the install, create a new account.
3. Then click on "Add Project" and then select the "seti@home project"
4. Return to this page.
5. Click on the "About Us" button above and then click on "Join this team".
6. Congratulations... You are now a member of the Military Veteran SETI Team.